All notable changes to the Operations Manual will be documented on this page.
The format is based on Keep a Changelog v1.0.0, and this project adheres to Semantic Versioning v2.0.0 (see the Release Versioning page for details of what this means).
Each release of the Operations Manual has an entry on this page. Within this entry changes are broken down into 'Added', 'Changed', 'Removed' and 'Minor Fix'. The first three categories cover modifications that affect the function of the document, whereas the last one includes modifications that do not, for example corrections to typos and formatting. Each entry also includes the date on which it took effect.
- Infrastructure Team
- Marketing Team
- Fundraising Team
- Team common responsibilities
- Details of Trustees
- Teams overview
- Details of Trustees
- Name of Competition Programme Team to Competition Team
- Updated layout and headings on Competition Team pages to align with Kit Team pages
- Removed FAQs from Competition Team pages
- Changed other pages to reflect the fact that there are now two key Teams
- Removed 'emergency contact details' from data stored about volunteers
- Recorded use of GSuite to manage organisation
- Release Versioning page that specifies that the Operations Manual follows Semantic Versioning v.2.0.0 from now on
- Use British English spelling 'programme' for the Competition Programme
- Rename 'Core Team' to Competition Programme Committee
- Rewrite the old 'Core Team' page to 'Competition Programme Team' and rewrite the majority of its contents to describe the new structure
- Paragraph referencing code of conduct for volunteers
- Paragraph explicitly restricting volunteers meeting or contact young people
- Change Log page to document modifications between releases.
- Instructions in the Making Changes section to ensure that the Trustees have approved the release of a new Operations Manual, the decision to release is recorded, the Change Log is updated with the modifications made and the new version number and date of release is entered into the Change Log.
- Clarification to Safeguarding that it is only young people who are participating in Student Robotics activities that volunteers must not meet outside of the supervised environment.
- Instructions to Reporting Guidelines in Code of Conduct detailing what information to include in a report, how the report is handled and how corner cases, such as the person being accused being one of the people who normally deals with reports, are dealt with.
- Clarification to Core Team's Expectations of the Trustees number 6 that only Trustees have direct access to volunteer dataset and that the Core Team will have to work with the Trustees to make use of it.
- Clarification to Budgeting Requirements number 5 to remove ambiguity around what the '£1000' is referring to.
- Shift dates of Core Team convening and disbanding one month earlier in the year (now convene in June and disband in May). This is to better align with the school year.
- Expect Core Team to run a Competition Program, rather than an explicit annual robotics competition, in Trustees' Expectations of the Core Team number 4.
- Pre-selection of 10 people to invite to the meeting to form the Core Team in the Core Team Formation section.
- Sentence explaining why more than eight people are invited to the meeting to form the Core Team in the Core Team Formation section.
- Explicit list of volunteer details recorded from Core Team's Expectations of the Trustees number 6. (This information is already defined on the Volunteers page).
- Reference to not giving refunds to paid events from Consequences of Unacceptable Behaviour section of Code of Conduct. We don't run paid events, so it isn't relevant.
- Make points under Trustees' Expectations of the Core Team number 8 (be self-organising) into a numbered list.
The whole Operations Manual has been completely rewritten and bears little resemblance to Version 2, therefore it would not be sensible to try and enumerate all of the changes. Version 3 effectively represents a completely new direction for the Operations Manual and should be viewed as a completely new work.